Have you been stuck in a rut? Are you not finding the jobs you want when you apply to open positions? It may be time to mend your broken job search. Now is a great time to refresh things and change up your methods to attract employers and find better opportunities in your area. Here are just a few things you can do to unstick your job search.
- Revamp Your Cover Letter. The first impression you make on a potential employer isn’t your resume, it’s your cover letter. You want to create a letter that tells who you are, shows why you’re a good candidate and expresses interest in their job. And you need to do this in only a couple of paragraphs. Look over your cover letter to see if you can make improvements.
- Update Your Resume. It may also be time to update your resume. If you’re not getting the attention you think you should take some time to adjust your resume to get more views. Do you include accomplishments? Do you have data that quantify the experience you’ve had in the past?
- Use Online Networking. Networking is an important process for finding a new job. And, whether you love it or not, LinkedIn is one of the most useful for career networking. But it isn’t the only place you should network for jobs. Facebook, Twitter, and even Instagram can be great places to find your next employer.
- Network in Person. Of course, face-to-face networking is also critical for finding your next job. Attend events in the industry where you want to work. If your goal is community manager, attend events at local communities and talk to their management team. You never know where you can find your next position.
- Have a Positive Attitude. You should also take some time to reevaluate your own attitude about your job search. Negativity can be contagious, so you may be sending unconscious messages to interviewers. Maintaining a positive attitude can be essential for landing your next job. Employers notice the enthusiasm and are interested in bringing that into their environment.
Are You Ready to Start Looking For Your Next Opportunity?
InterSolutions can help, so call today.